Big Sky Kids Program Coordinator
The Big Sky Kids program is now hiring a Program Coordinator to support the Program Director and Assistant Director in organizing and implementing the oncology camp program. Applicants should be strong leaders who are enthusiastic and energized to serve our BSK families. The successful applicant will be a problem solver, strong communicator, organized, empathetic, hardworking, and passionate about the Eagle Mount mission. Previous experience working with children (preferably in a camp setting), individuals with cancer and/or disabilities, fundraising, and working with volunteers is desired. Knowledge of word processing programs required, and knowledge of database program and InDesign preferred. This is a seasonal position beginning in May and ending in September. Read full job description (Click Here) before submitting application. To apply, email resume, cover letter, and references to Kara Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: March 25th.
- Student Selection Process
The procedure for securing a student internship at Eagle Mount is as follows:
- Students desiring an internship will submit a resume and cover letter at preferably three months prior to starting date if possible.
- Based on submitted paperwork, the program supervisor will request an interview by phone or in person.
- The student selected for the internship will be notified at least two months prior to their starting date if possible.
- Provide equal consideration of prospective interns without discrimination.
- Responsibilities of the Intern to Eagle Mount
The expectations of interns are as follows:
- Complete the necessary hours and weeks required by their educational institutes’ department/program/class if applicable.
- Complete an Eagle Mount volunteer application and background check.
- Participate in weekly intern and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Take on increasing responsibility for planning and leading.
- Fulfill all assignments as delegated by the intern supervisor.
- Responsibilities of College/University to Eagle Mount
Eagle Mount expects the following involvement from the college/university:
- A specific faculty member will be assigned as the student’s advisor during the course of the internship.
- The student advisor will provide consultation to the student and program as needed.
- The agency will be provided with updated school internship manual or any pertinent info.
- Responsibilities of Eagle Mount to the Intern
Eagle Mount will:
- Provide a formalized orientation program for the student.
- Provide consistent counseling and feedback to the student during the internship.
- Provide a final evaluation to the student and the student’s advisor.
- List of Internships Available:
- Therapeutic Recreation through aquatics, adventure days, cycling, horticulture, ice skating, horsemanship, cross-country ski and snowshoe, and skiing.
- Agriculture and nutrition through horticulture.
- Parent and family support.
- Camps for kids with cancer.
- Fundraising, marketing, and non-profit management.