- Specific age and skill requirements vary by program, but all Eagle Mount volunteers need to be:
- Interested in working with people who have disabilities
- Willing to put participants’ needs ahead of your own
- Safety minded
- Reliable and punctual
As an Eagle Mount volunteer, you’ll receive training designed to help you improve your own skills and your teaching skills, as well as to help you understand more about disabilities in general, and if applicable, the specific challenges faced by an individual you’ll be working with. For training details, check the program in which you’ll be volunteering.
When you volunteer for one of our programs, you’ll receive incentives like discounts at local businesses, pro-deals on gear, lift tickets, and much more. Click here to see the full list.
How to Apply
- Follow these steps:
- 1. Complete and submit the application form
- 2. Complete the background check
(Background checks are required for all new Eagle Mount volunteers, and every three years for continuing volunteers. The system we use is simple, and the only results we see are that you are “clear.” The cost of the background check is $6.95, and it really helps to keep Eagle Mount’s insurance affordable! If you have any questions or concerns about the background check, contact us at 406.586.1781)
- Check the program you want to volunteer with to see if there’s any additional required paperwork (e.g. Ski Program training form).