Eagle Mount is a nonprofit that provides adaptive recreation and sport opportunities for people with disabilities and camps for children with cancer. The Big Sky Development Officer carries primary responsibilities for cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts from donors who have the capacity to give more than $10,000, with an emphasis on gifts of $50,000 or more. The Development Officer will manage a portfolio of up to 200 qualified households. The Big Sky Development Officer is supervised by the Executive Director and serves as a member of the Development team.
What You Will Bring
• Self-starter and self-motivated, ability to work with limited supervision, and impeccable integrity.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a successful fundraiser in a nonprofit setting, preferably focusing on support for people with physical and cognitive disabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to generate private philanthropic support from high-net-worth individuals as well as foundations and corporations.
• General knowledge of planned gifts, deferred giving instruments, and estate giving.
• Familiarity and understanding of current issues in the world of disabilities.
• Ability to direct and perform confidential detailed work with accuracy under deadline pressure.
• Mature and professional attitude, donor/client focus and the ability to manage and direct multiple tasks simultaneously.
• A valid driver’s license and ability to be insurable per Eagle Mount’s parameters.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a year-round, non-exempt position, $33.00 - $38.50/hr DOE. Excellent benefits package includes agency sponsored health plan, 4% 403(b) retirement match, $1,200 annual professional development allowance, generous PTO, and the opportunity to work in a mission-driven culture.
How to Apply
If interested, please respond with a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Preference will be given to applicants living in Big Sky, MT.